Sunday, January 15, 2006

The things I m gud at..

well dear.. i kept my promise n m back really soon :)
The title tells all about it.. so what do u think i m gud at.. nah.. i m not expecting u to answer.. infact i dont want u too either.. u r the sole listener i ve got who doesnt pose a single question..lol

When I say what am I gud at.. i mean the things about which i can talk for hours without having to check.. or about which i can boast or show off.. that shud include my hobbies too
I never gave this question a serious thought.. rather i avoided giving it a serious thought.. but it grew up to be a monster.. so time to attack it..

Sports??.. no way!! Forget abt sports, i dont even jog to shed off the extra 15 pounds that are ostentaciously lurking under my skin..

Music??.. i wish i m gud at it.. but alas.. no again.. i donno how to sing.. humming is best thing i can possibly do.. In case u r wondering, nope, i dont sound like a grater when i speak..i have a relatively sweet voice.. I m not really passionate abt listening to music either.. I hardly listen to songs and cant even recollect the beat of the song i listened to jus an hr ago..

Am i a Techno freak?.. that wud be a big joke.. I, spoorthy, doing my final year engg in Computer Science, here by declare solemnly that i m no techno-freak.. hahaha.. I learn things only when they are absolutely necessary..dont like putting my poor brain to work.. i m not the one whose Database is updated with all the technical news or who jumps to learn every damn new software that releases the every other day into the market.. so technical issue is crossed off..

Then what?.. cooking!!.. lol.. Excuse me.. i dont even know how to make Tea.. Instant noodles is the only thing I can make without shouting MOM..

Philosophy.. Photography.. etc.. Cant even think abt them..
Painting??.. hmm.. This is one thing I regret.. I used to draw n paint.. however silly n crude the pictures may turn out to be.. i m still proud of them.. but then I never gave it a serious look.. Dint touch a brush from 4 years (yikes!! not the tooth brush.. I meant the paint brush..lol).. The pencil sketch of Lord Krishna which i proudly display on my room wall keeps reminding me of the bliss in creating something on a blank white paper.. I love making things colorful.. but again.. I m no artist!!

Literature??.. Yeah.. I do love reading novels.. Fiction that wud be.. if reading can make me a woman of literature, then may be... but but am i a voracious reader?.. no dear.. no.. I might have hardly read a dozen prominent authors, not to mention another few not-so-prominent ones.. N i cant speak at length abt novels either.. I read them for the sake of pleasure.. thats it..

In case u r getting desperate to know what I am gud at.. dont worry.. lemme tell u.. so am i.. lol.. I want to find out what I m gud at more than u.. really.. more than u..

Partying??.. nah.. I m no gud host (ofcourse no one is) .. n abt being a guest..I do attend parties.. but never got the chance of really attending the ones full of josh that people talk abt.. thats ok.. I m jus 20.. have many yrs ahead to attend them..

Am i a gud orator?..*sigh*.. a big NO.. may be i can easily make conversation with people.. but by no means i can utter the right words that few humans somehow magically seem to know.. I m no intellectual speaker..
Then what about writing?.. All the books n blogs I read, doesnt make me a gud writer either.. Informal writing is my style.. But ask me to write formally (might even be a simple letter..), I m out of that place..lol

Oh dear.. am i not gud at anything?? lemme rack my brain again..
I wish I can give up.. but this question manages to find me everywhere in multiple forms..
When I meet a new person, the inevitable question 'what are ur interests?' or 'what r ur hobbies?' comes up.. i dont blame the person asking me coz despite knowing that i dont have an answer for this quest i pose it many times.. What do I answer?? I try to escape by saying I dont have any serious hobbies or interests.. most of them give up at this.. but few persistent ones try to evoke the answer that is absent in my head.. *another big sigh*

So so so.. am i a gud for nothing human being.. DEFINITELY NOT! .. but still.. the same question remains unconquered despite this whole episode of putting my brain to strain.

All I can say right now is that I m a lazy being (that doesnot make me dumb..ok?!!) who dabbles with everything she can find but doesnt dwell into any.. I m the JACK, not the MASTER.. I do play the roles in my life well.

Hey but dont worry honey.. I m not going to give up easily.. If not now, I ll find an answer to this question.. ll let u know then :)

luv,
Spoorthy

2 comments:

mera_apna said...

hey sweetheart....u are the queen of hearts..
u have a very good sense of humour and common sense...that is wat i notice everytime i talk with you...
and that is how u manage..without being superb at any of the n things you mentioned in this post
...............this is my contribution to ur post...

Spoorthy said...

@sravi..
woww.. u calld me queen of hearts??!! i m flattered dear..